Our Last Christmas

There are only ten days left of this year... how on earth did that happen?!
As Christmas approaches I'm a little overwhelmed by the thought that this might be our last Christmas as South Africans (or maybe not, who knows what the future holds)...



I have to admit: The part that I'm totally in love with through this journey is that a lot of things "might be our last".
Well - at least for a while.
Hear me out...
When we see family members or friends that don't live close by the hugs are tighter & longer. I make sure I say "I love you" at the end of every phone call. I am much more present during conversations.

This morning for instance, I was at the hairdresser. There were 5 ladies doing their hair. We were talking and laughing so hard it felt like a therapy session!  I kept thinking "I love this and I'm going to miss it!"

The little mundane things become big things.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this journey is making me so much more mindful - a concept I've been struggling with since my burnout in September.
Usually this time of year my energy levels are depleted from working the silly season. But not this year. What's changed?

Nothing, except for my mindset...

When I get up to work in the early hours of the morning or late at night I'm nothing but grateful.  Because I know this is my last summer in this phase of my business-life.
Also - I read this ah-mazing quote in October: 

Begin your day with an "I GET TO"mentality instead of a "I have to" thought process... I GET to go to work. I GET to have a busy day. Whatever it may be. We often dress our opportunities as stress, but they are in fact blessings.

This has changed a lot of things for me dramatically.

My wish for everyone this Christmas, is to be more present and take in every moment. Yes - someone is going to complain about the food or decorations, or the heat or the rain. One of the children you bought a thoughtful gift for will probably not be as elated about it as you thought they would....  BUT only you decide your vibe.

Don't sweat the small stuff. 

What if this was your last Christmas?

Make it one to remember ♡

xo Zelda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience

Slowing down