Change is upon us

I've been wanting to write this for a little more than two months, but now that I'm able to I don't know where to start...

A great opportunity has come our way and we'll be starting a new adventure as a family in Saudi Arabia next year.

Our Personal Lives:

We want a better future for our children.  It's one of the hardest decisions we've ever had to make, but if WE don't do it now, they'll be faced with this difficult decision after school.
We are going to miss our family and friends tremendously.  Thank you for the support we've received so far!
We've gone through a few emotions already and are getting excited now.  We didn't want to let everyone know right away, because there are many uncertainties & there is still a chance that it might not happen.
We got the contract and accepted.  Now they're busy with background & medical checks.
If everything goes according to plan, Jakes will be leaving somewhere in February / March & us girls - well we're not sure yet.  We can go 3 months after, but I want Jayda to do Grade R in english for at least half the year before she'll start Grade 1 in September in Saudi. So we're aiming to leave somewhere around June / July, maybe even August - so we can miss the peak of the summer in Saudi.

But I don't know how long I'll survive without my better half so we'll see how it goes...

Business Wise:

I'm sad to say that this will be my last summer season as owner and photographer of Gold Leaf Studios.  It's been a little over two years and as I look back I couldn't be prouder.  I've put in endless hours and met some amazing people.  I've traveled a lot and made some great memories.

I'm selling Gold Leaf Studios and my focus will be our new life.  The kids will be my number 1 priority & I'll be photographing our new chapter as I go.

I want to make it a summer to remember, so if we can arrange a coffee date, let me know when you have time please <3  It's an open invitation!  Even just come say hi at the studio / house.

To all my clients, at this moment I'm aiming to shoot only until the end of March 2019 so if you're thinking about booking please do so in advance. I can also only do so much before I go.
My current clients that are busy with a series, I'll contact you directly to discuss the options going forth.

I'll write some more again soon, but for now these teary eyes can't see very much.
xo Zelda




Comments

  1. Zelda, many of us will miss your fantastic photgraphic talent. But, embrace the new chapter in your life with all your heart. Change is time for growth. Enjoy your family. Children grow uo way too fast. God speed and best wishes for you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow dis vir ons super mix emotions! Super happy en opgewonde vir julle en bid alle seën vir die nuwe avontuur! Maar so sad dat ons foto journey gaan eindig. Jy het ons begin van elke hoofstuk in ons lewens gecapture en ons ewig dankbaar daarvoor. So bly dat jy deel van alles was/is. Here's to new adventures and stories to tell xoxo baie liefde ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear. But being a mommy of twin girls age 5 and looking at South Africa and all the difficulties we face. I understood your decision everything we do is for our kids. May this be an awesome journey x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience

Slowing down