I'm a Woman

My alarm clock (beautiful husband) comes to wake me at 5am. I ask him to please leave me until 6am. In my mind I know I'm going to regret this so badly because that's the same time my 5 year old needs to get up and ready for school.



Aka pee, convince her that she's not sick and has to go to school, dry off her tears, get her clothes, help her dress, get breakfast ready.
Also, the 2 year old will be awake by now and needs a diaper change and a 'bottie' while demanding to lay on the couch because she doesn't want to miss anything. Then the struggle to get her gown on is another level of cardio all on its own...
So, was watching Grey's Anatomy until 2am worth it? I needed "me time" & wanted to do something for myself, without being interrupted 16 times...
Note I still have to shower, dress and put on make up with the 20 minutes we have left before leaving for school.
Oh and;
• brush teeth (mine and 2 girls)
• comb and braid Jayda's hair
• put an elastic on Jayda's hat we made for school so it can stay on her head
• pack her school bag
• put ointment on her sore lip
• give them vitamins
• wipe face
• put her shoes on
BUT...
Hubby saves the day by saying "relax, I'll drop Jayda off"
MY HERO!
So, I took a long, hot shower. Made another cup of coffee. Put cream on my entìre body, not just limbs because I have more than 20 seconds...
Do my hair, take extra time for my make up. Because I like doing make up!
I go through my closet and think "I should take a photo with this today".
- My make up looks fabulous, let's do it!
So, I put on my red lips, I grab my gear, set up the tripod and lighting and start taking self portraits in the studio.

Yes, it's always awkward in the beginning. But once you're on a roll there's no stopping you.
I felt like thìs was really doing something for myself. I felt beautiful, confident, radiant, sexy. I sent a few snaps to my hubby and his response amplified my feelings by a gazillion.
This is what I want... more moms to feel like this again. We get so caught up in wiping bums and snotty noses that we sometimes forget that we're so much more than just a mom.
WE ARE WOMEN!
A wife, girlfriend, partner. Whatever your situation is, you deserve to feel sexy every now and again!
Please understand that I'm in no way dissing being a mom. It's the greatest privilege and I wouldn't want it any other way.
If you feel like you could do with a little confidence boost, take an hour or two for yourself and let me photograph you ♡

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience

Slowing down