Finding a Rhythm again

I'm stuck in a rut.  A major rut...


We've had one hell of a year - 2017 was probably our biggest year to date.  As individuals, as a couple, as a family.  Our careers reached new heights and it seemed (almost) too good to be true.




Summer came & now it's starting to fade away.  The last month has been a difficult one for me.  I had a week in January where I was exercising every day.  That was it... Not much in December, and just one week for this whole year.  And we're at the end of February...

That's probably reason number one on my list of why I'm feeling this way - not exercising anymore.  I still need to find a space where I WANT to exercise.
And I need a gym partner.  Can't do it with hubby because someone has to watch the kids.

But it's not the only reason.  There are a lot of things that are changing and I think all of them together bowled me over and now I'm struggling to find my rhythm again.

My bestie and her family are moving to Australia.  In two weeks.  We've known for a month.  I think it affects me more than I'd like to admit...  Shortly after their move was official, one of my other girlfriends told me their process has also started.  So in a year or two they will also be going away.

My eldest daughter has started a new school and the change has me emotionally exhausted.  I'm worried about her adapting, but everyday it seems to get a little better and easier.

My husband's work also plays a huge part.  He's over stressed and there's nothing I can do for him.  Our dynamic in the house is changing and we don't see each other as often as we used to or want to.
It's bad.

I had a chat with my hubby this morning and came up with "we just need to find our new rhythm".
There's nothing we can do about ANY of these circumstances (except for me starting to exercise again), so I need to start adapting to this change.  I'm not fond of these phases but it's crucial in our lives.  Change isn't always nice, but it's necessary and it's good.

We grow from change.
We learn from change.

I was inspired by Grace Presley @gracepresley on Instagram yesterday.  Her post read:
We don’t have to be afraid to be in the skin we live in because of how honest it is.

Our faces and bodies wear the trauma our lungs and heart intake and we can't reshape the shape of our heart. We can only allow it to heal and grow.

We can only hold it in our hands, examine its scars and say, “You are so brave. You are so strong. You are so bright you could light up the entire night sky. And everything you feel is okay. Really, it's okay.”


So, inhale...

and Exhale...

And smile - or don't.  Whatever you feel like doing ;)


But embrace the change.  I already feel a little better - using this as an outlet for my emotions.  Creating | Writing helps.  A lot.

Drop me a note if you're also feeling overwhelmed or if you have coping mechanisms I could use ;)

Lots of love
ZB
xo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience

Slowing down