Rope a dope...

When was the last time you thought about your life philosophy?  "How do I want to live my life? What am I doing to enhance it?"


I had an interesting weekend.  Friday night was the Cansa Relay for Life here in Secunda.
Our team members made turns walking around the track and me & my hubby walked together.  We had kind of a cool moment.  He told me about the "Rumble in the Jungle" fight between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in 1974.
The technique used by Ali was the "Rope-a-dope".
Wikipedia describes this technique as such:

"In competitive situations other than boxing, rope-a-dope is used to describe strategies in which one party purposely puts itself in what appears to be a losing position, attempting thereby to become the eventual victor."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope-a-dope#Notable_fights

I thought it was very interesting & that you could see it as a kind of life philosophy.  I see myself living in the sense...  Life sometimes let us have it good - blow after blow, but we don't have to fight back all the time.  If we just wait for the right moment to 'punch back', we're certain to leave a much greater impact than to hit back with every little thing that happens to us.
I guess there are a few ways to look at it, but the optimist that I am, this is how I see it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience

Slowing down