Monday Mornings

I used to love Monday mornings... a fresh new week ahead of me, a clean slate. I was excited to say the least. (Yes, I'm one of those chirpy "morning people"... 




Now... not so much. Now I HATE Monday mornings! Why? Did I come to my senses and realize nobody else in the entire world loves Monday mornings but me? No. I have a beautiful two year old daughter now. That's why...


During the week I only get to see her half (or less) of the day because I'm at work.  But on weekends we get two WHOLE DAYS together.  So now, Monday mornings are just the worst!
This morning she was lying next to me in my bed (dad had already left for work), and when I told her I had to go work today, with a big frown on her forehead she patted the pillow next to her and said underneath her dummy "Stay".
Oh my heart...



When I leave for work she cries a heartbreaking cry that has me in tears the whole fifteen minutes of driving to work.  However, as soon as I have my cup of morning coffee I'm fine and I know she is too.  Thinking of how blessed I am with this amazing love in my heart makes me warm and fuzzy all over and I start getting excited about my week again.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience

Slowing down