Little Lion


I think she likes lions...

After watching Madagascar for the 40th time I'd say so... She doesn't say the word 'lion'... she roars and makes a big gesture with her hands up high to show me what she's saying.  It's probably the cutest explanation in the world!

She's also rediscovered the baby lion story in her bedtime storybook.  She'll point at it and look at all the little details on the page. 



I sit and wonder what's going through her mind as I see it race across the page with a smiley-frown on her face.
I sit and stare at her. So innocent. "Will she grow up to be like a lion?" I wonder...
Strong.
 Independent.
 A leader?
 Will she be brave in this sometimes seemingly cruel world of ours? I wouldn't know. It makes me nervous. It makes me worry. Being a parent is SO scary. You want nothing but the best for your children. But not everything is in our control... sometimes we just have to let them be. Watch them run off on their own and take part in group play for the first time or let them go off the slide without our help. 

(I've made a few plans in my head for a bubble-wrapped suit for her, but come to my senses soon enough.)

All we can do is lead by example.
I'll be holding my little lion cub close for as long as I can and pray she grows up healthy and happy. xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience

Slowing down