Finding Love in the Sunset


Have you ever had an unsuspecting moment where your thoughts just make you smile like a total nut all by yourself in the car?



So I'm driving home from work and I see my wedding ring on the steering wheel sparkle in the sunset before me.
Wow, what a sight... my life for the past five years with this ring on my finger flashes through my mind...
How far we've come! We started dating ten years ago. A whole decade... (whoa, that doesn't make me feel old at ALL).
We're one of those lucky couples who are best friends too. I couldn't ask for a better life partner. No doubt we've had our ups and downs, we've grown a lot! Sometimes on the brink of growing apart, but we always seem to find our way back again. We joke and say we 'take turns growing'. I'd grow in aspects of my life and a couple of months down the line feel like I'm not on the same page as my husband. Then something would happen and he'd get an opportunity at work with the chance of progress and we find ourselves in the same space again.

It's hard to focus on your marriage after having children. It kind of takes a back seat I guess... That's why I'm so thankful for our amazing relationship. We dont do date nights, he doesn't buy me flowers, its just not who we are. And that's OK. We get home after a day's work, play with our beautiful daughter, running and laughing together as a family. We cook dinner, I'll bath Jayda while he's studying or packing our lunch and somewhere through the evenings madness We'll just look at each other and smile.

And we KNOW.

We know that this is love.
So I'm smiling at my sparkly ring, thankful more than ever for my amazing marriage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience

Slowing down